Adapted from: Ohsheglows.com
You can use any toppings you’d like – dried fruit, nuts, etc. It melts quickly so keep it in the freezer.
one 9×9 bar
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fine sea salt (more if you want that salty bite)
- Preheat oven to 300F. Line a 9″ square pan or a small baking sheet with two pieces of parchment paper, one going each way. Set aside.
- Add hazelnuts and almonds on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Place hazelnuts on a dishcloth and wrap them up. Rub them vigorously with the cloth and against each other until the skins fall off. It’s ok if some skins don’t come off. Discard the skins.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the coconut oil over low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla until smooth. Add cinnamon and sea salt. Stir in half of the almonds and hazelnuts.
- With a spatula, spoon the chocolate mixture onto the prepared parchment-lined pan or sheet and smooth out until it’s about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle on the remaining nuts and all of the coconut flakes. Place into freezer on a flat surface for about 45 minutes, until frozen solid.
- Store in the freezer until ready to eat. Break off chunks. Eat immediately.